The Royal Canadian Moped Posse

GTA 50cc

Sunday, October 16, 2005

The "Ride de Jour"!

It was a terrific ride today; David, Lars, Freddie and I showed up and welcomed a new fellow named Brent (and his green Tomos) to the group and our hangout "Squirly's"! Brent has visited the RCMP website and has been reading our postings and decided that he would come out today and see what we are all about, and I for one hope he will come back. We managed to chat away an hour before we even set off for the ride, and when we finally left, we went in a westerly direction as the Toronto Marathon had most of the downtown streets tied up for the duration of the afternoon hours. We took a lovely ride through the High Park neighbourhood and the park itself (stopping for a break and a chat with curious onlookers at the snack bar in the middle of the park) and we ended up back at Squirly's for a post-ride glass of vino and more "posse bonding" a good time was had by all! Lars had a bit of technical difficulties over on Ellis Avenue, but he figured out what it was and "got 'er goin' " and soon we were on our way without further ado... We missed ya Lindsay, Bruce, et al; hope to see you out next week! Oh, before I forget; Lars, if any of the pics turn out, you might want to post them here so we can see what they look like! :)

moped=^^=

12 Comments:

  • At 10/16/2005 11:44 PM, Blogger lars said…

    Well it seems that my moped still likes to "surprise" me with fun little problems all the time: The petcock clogging and exhaust patch falling off on one ride must be a new record even for it! Brent showed us how to do a wheelie in highpark, and the information was put to good use when we were going down hill on that road with speed bumps: I and some others pulled some great wheelies on those bumps. Freddie's side walk antics caught the ire of some pedestrians, but it was all in good fun.

    You can view the pictures I took here or you can download them so you can view them in a real image viewer here.

    I think the last picture is best, but there are quite a few gems in the collection. Holding a camera pointed backwards over my shoulder, while keeping my eye on traffic as I'm moving, isn't the best way to take pictures, but I might get the hang of it eventually. Maybe I'll rig up a duck tape helmet cam next time.

     
  • At 10/17/2005 7:17 AM, Blogger john said…

    Anyway to make those images smaller!

     
  • At 10/17/2005 7:43 AM, Blogger mopedkytten said…

    Lars! I looove those pics! They are fantastic! Can you email me those? I laughed my head off at some of those! Thanks so much for your experimental photography; you da best, man.

    moped=^^=

     
  • At 10/17/2005 8:26 AM, Anonymous david said…

    Great pix lars of a great ride. Call me about those Grande parts and I'll arrange to get them to you. Thanks for the springbolt. Out goes the twist-tie solution.

     
  • At 10/17/2005 8:34 AM, Blogger david said…

    The blog won't accept any of my titles, so I'm wordboy2 now. It's really me, david, if this works, that is.

     
  • At 10/17/2005 8:42 AM, Blogger Bruce50cc said…

    Looks like you guys had fun.Welcome to the RCMP Brent, maybe I'll meet you next ride.Good Pics Lars, glad to see you came back for another go.

     
  • At 10/17/2005 10:37 AM, Blogger motormatic said…

    nice photos! sorry i couldn't make it out.

     
  • At 10/17/2005 5:32 PM, Blogger lars said…

    I was thinking of a ride to the Whitby psychiatric institute. I haven't been there before and would like someone else to come along for the ride. I'm not sure how many of you are fans of urban exploration, but stuff like that can be really fun.

    Whitby psychiatric institute at infiltration.org

    It would be a day long excursion and you will probably want to bring along an extra tank of gas.

     
  • At 10/17/2005 6:15 PM, Blogger motormatic said…

    i LOVE that place. i broke in and went exploring there earlier this year. i have tons of photos i took there. it's really creepy, the whole place is linked together by underground steam tunnels.

     
  • At 10/17/2005 6:19 PM, Blogger mopedkytten said…

    Sounds like a neat-o place to go!

     
  • At 10/18/2005 2:52 PM, Blogger lars said…

    If anyone wants to take a ride there in the next few weeks send me an e-mail and we will get things sorted out. lars.haeh@gmail.com

     
  • At 10/22/2005 11:00 AM, Blogger 2brent said…

    To my new friends at RCMP. I had a great time meeting everyone last Sunday. It was comforting to be among friends who’s conversations appear relevant. Being in the over 40 category, I get tiresome with the mindless jabbering of teenagers. I wasn’t confronted with the onslaught of interrogation. My Italian friends greet newcomers with, “Who are you?, Where do you come from? Where do you work? Are you married? ….. ) The moped posse welcomed me like an old bar buddy. You truly are a great bunch. If your moped ‘s worth $150 or $3000 it’s truly all the same. We just want to ride. I’ll being seeing you again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home