The Royal Canadian Moped Posse

GTA 50cc

Tuesday, September 19, 2006


Okay, now that I'm no longer out in the sticks, I want to switch my insurance with someone downtown. I'll probably save money this way too.

I only have the LSM License, so this is contingent on insurers who will insure under that license. Other than that I have no other vehicles (right now) and a clean record. What are you folks paying and who are you paying it to?

P.S. I haven't been coming out on Sundays even thoug I'm downtown now because I now work on Sundays all day. :/


  • At 9/19/2006 3:07 PM, Anonymous darcy said…

    Hey Buddy..we've missed you on Sundays. My insurance is through a brokerage called

    Hugh Wood Canada Ltd.

    The actual insurer is called

    Jevco Insurance Company

    I'm pretty sure Jevco is from the Montreal area. I'm currently paying $276.00 for a full years coverage, not just the "riding season" like some insurers.

    You can contact my Broker, Marlin Merzitun @ 416.229.6600 ext #260.
    I hope the info helps. TTFN. Darcy

  • At 9/19/2006 10:43 PM, Blogger Lindsay R Casey said…

    i have never heard of an insurance company insure a moped only for the riding season. they won't do it. i'd LOVE to just pay for the riding season!

    matt, i'm paying $192 through royal sun alliance through murtagh and smith brokers.

  • At 9/20/2006 3:35 PM, Anonymous darcy said…

    Actually Primmum did that to me! The coverage was only from the beginning of April to the end of September. You'd think it would be cheaper that way right...WRONG...they wanted to charge me $660 for this service. I've still got the quote they sent me.

  • At 9/21/2006 12:54 PM, Blogger Lindsay R Casey said…

    $660! Haha, that's crazy. I've heard of some companies doing it for mc's but never heard of it for mopeds. Yeah, you would think it would be cheaper, not triple the price! Insurance companies are insane.

  • At 9/21/2006 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    $34 Body Injury
    $03 Property Danage
    119 Accident Benefits
    $05 Uninsured Auto
    $15 Direct Compensation
    $43 OPCF44
    219 -Total.
    KingsWay General
    (Also Have Motorcycle Ins)

  • At 9/21/2006 7:03 PM, Blogger Lindsay R Casey said…

    don't think they'll do mopeds anymore without an mc insured with them also. and i know they don't do bikes over 25 years old.

  • At 9/22/2006 1:26 AM, Blogger Bjerg said…

    Who? Kingsway? Or any company?

    Because if you meant 'any company' than I'm in trouble...

  • At 9/22/2006 2:03 AM, Blogger Lindsay R Casey said…

    kingsway. my guy does, obviously, all my bikes are '70s ones. kingsway used to be really good but they've turned into total bastards. i'd give any broker who carries royal sun policies a shout, they didn't say a word about how old mine were and the ones i have with them are a 1975 and a 1977.

  • At 9/25/2006 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Contact information:

    Murtaugh Smith Financial
    259 Danforth Avenue,
    Toronto, ON M4K 1N2

    (it was a bit hard for me to find)


Post a Comment

<< Home