The Royal Canadian Moped Posse

GTA 50cc

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Harbord Cycle

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about Harbord Cycle on Ossington? I want to take my new Honda there and really find out exactly what it needs and how much it's going to run me to properly restore it. The reason I want to go there is it's really close to my house, but I don't know anything about them. I really want to do a proper job on the Honda, since I'm so freaking excited about it, so I'd like to actually take it to a shop for once instead of just taking it apart myself and putting it back together wrong! Or if anyone knows where else I should take it? The bike is in super rough shape but it is totally worth putting some dough into, or I think so anyway. It'll be a great ride around town even if it isn't a moped:) I'd also like to get it painted once it's in good working order, so if anyone has ideas let me know!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

7 Comments:

  • At 12/09/2005 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's 50cc! I'm going to try to get Stan the Honda man to help me with it.......hear that Stan? Stan?........Stan?

     
  • At 12/09/2005 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is that the 3-speed automatic, Linds? If so, that was the bike that really got me back into mopeds, as in: "Remember that guy in the 60s who had a little red Honda scooter with the white splash guards."
    Nice.

     
  • At 12/09/2005 11:42 AM, Blogger Lindsay R Casey said…

    thanks david, it's a three speed manual. i'm very happy about it:)

     
  • At 12/09/2005 3:30 PM, Blogger Lindsay R Casey said…

    yes, bruce, it does, which i'm very happy about!

     
  • At 12/09/2005 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WoW! I am blown away by your new bike! I guess now that your trading up in the world, it will be out with the RCMP,and onto the Wild Cub Riders, or some such sillyness. Great Bike!

     
  • At 12/09/2005 4:57 PM, Blogger Lindsay R Casey said…

    oh it'll never be out with the RCMP! maybe the RCMP and the Wild Cub Riders!

     
  • At 12/13/2005 11:22 AM, Blogger pat said…

    i've taken my honda cb350 to harbord cycle before, they were alright. they work on a lot of old bikes there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home