The Royal Canadian Moped Posse

GTA 50cc

Sunday, April 02, 2006

The Quest for Fire Ride!!

Well, the 1st official RCMP ride of the season is over! Named the Quest for Fire ride, it was awesome. We had a great turnout, a few regulars were missing but we had a lot of new faces and a lot of fun. A few minor (?!) setbacks as always, but all in all a great day.

We started off at Squirly's as always; here's the infamous David Coates in his uber-suave pose.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Great turnout!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Then, the problems started!!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Ahh, there's the problem!

Image hosting by Photobucket

So, what's the solution?

Image hosting by Photobucket

Fire in the middle of High Park is the solution!!

Image hosting by Photobucket

So we stole a little fire from a family and scared them off.

Then we wait.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Julie's orange Motobecane.

Image hosting by Photobucket

My new love, David's Grande.

Image hosting by Photobucket

After a little fire dance, all the crap seemed burned out of Ilya's pipe.

Image hosting by Photobucket

A picnic table served as a nice workbench.

Image hosting by Photobucket

And then we rode a bit more and went home. Poor Ilya's bike messed up again on the way home, so we reconvened at my house and then we all went on our merry way.

WRENCH DAY NEXT SUNDAY!!!

12 Comments:

  • At 4/02/2006 7:57 PM, Blogger Shutterbug said…

    Ya it was a lot of fun. 10 mopeds riding together is much more fun that all alone. This was my first group ride and I had a great time. It was great to meet everyone and put faces to the names. Looking forward to more rides this summer. Just need to find some more speed from my orange PC50

    Beep Beep
    Dave

     
  • At 4/02/2006 8:25 PM, Blogger Freddie said…

    That, just about, sums it up.
    What's up Toronto, Wuz up.
    Moped mania is in the air,
    Gotta be radical, gotta play fair,
    Gotta use little, gotta take care.
    Moped mania is in the air.

    It was definitely an adventure that's for sure. It was nice to meet and ride with you all again, specially with the new fellow riders, Julie, Ilya, Darcy, Paul, some names escape my memory, sorry. God willing, I can ride again in to weeks time, rain or shine.

    Nice pics Lindsay!

    Nice

     
  • At 4/03/2006 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hehehe..."Quest for Fire".

    As a newbie to the RCMP I would just like to send out a BIG Thank You to all the regulars who made us feel so welcome.

    I have to say that this was the most fun I've had on my ped since I bought it last Aug.

    BTW if anyone has a wheel balancer could you please bring it to the wrenching on Sunday?

    So Thanks again and take care everyone! D.

     
  • At 4/03/2006 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a great day. If the weather is good, I think a BBQ would be a great idea. What does everyone else think?

     
  • At 4/04/2006 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How do I find out about the next ride, check here or is there a broadcast email? If someone could give coordinates for the meeting point it would be great. I spent Sunday tooling around on my own. I would have hooked up if I knew

    cheers, Jan

     
  • At 4/04/2006 12:33 PM, Blogger Lindsay R Casey said…

    shit, ilya, that's a great deal. i'm going to call her about my motorcycle.

     
  • At 4/04/2006 12:56 PM, Blogger Shutterbug said…

    I checked out The Personal online. Looks to be a group insurance company. For employees of companies or places covered under group policies.

     
  • At 4/04/2006 8:54 PM, Blogger Freddie said…

    Hi all, I wont make til later on Sunday.
    If anybody needs any parts for Sunday, let me know by Wednesday.
    I should have them by Sunday, if in stock.

    Rode Mon, Tues. Made a fire and roasted another pipe today. Still won't stay running.

    Keep it vertical!

     
  • At 4/04/2006 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thanks for the info on how to get updated on the group. I'll check on Fridays.

    I may drop in on the wrench day just to say hi, I'm going to ride. Fortunately for me my Arrow is running well so I'm leaving it as is. Yay.

    Jannx

     
  • At 4/05/2006 6:38 AM, Blogger Shutterbug said…

    MOHOG. I dont see the pics on your blog.

    Dave

     
  • At 4/05/2006 8:44 AM, Blogger Lindsay R Casey said…

    yeah it works. too bad i look so fat!

     
  • At 4/05/2006 3:07 PM, Blogger Shutterbug said…

    ugh And I look Grey!!should have left the helmet on

     

Post a Comment

<< Home